Monday, October 7, 2013

What this blog is about.

BASTARD

B=Bikers, A=Against, S=Stupid, T= Texting, A=And, R=Retarded, D=Drivers

Hey all ... I'm new to blogging but I just got this idea from a bud.

We are bikers (ya... we ride motorcycles) and we are all sick and tired of crazy drivers endangering our lives and yes, this includes motorcycle drivers.

Post your experiences and thoughts on how we can get these crazies to change their dangerous ways.

Wife & I were out for a ride yesterday ... beautiful sunny, warm fall day. Two lane road, approaching a hill that opens to a 3 lane, passing lane going up, single lane down. Traffic in front, traffic coming towards and a guy on a small, what appeared to be dual-purpose type bike riding my ass.

Get to where the passing lane starts which is a left sweep and then turns to a long right hand sweep and I crank it in the passing lane to get past the "Sunday drivers". Start into the right hand sweep and we're movin pretty good, in the lean, passing the cagers and I check my right mirror for the guy on the bike (he was still on my ass just prior to that) ... don't see him in the mirror. At that very second I hear him on my left.... he's passing me on my left, in my lane, as we're going around this right hand sweep, passing the cages in the right lane ............ with traffic coming down the hill !!!

I had to do a real quick steering correction to prevent colliding with him and to allow him enough room to avoid a head-on with the oncoming traffic as by this time he's right on the center line .... geeesh! (it always amazes me how experienced "instinctual reaction" takes over)

Gets by me ... swerves around the cage in front of us, goes between it and another car and he's ahead of everyone and gone.

This all happened in a matter of a few seconds.

I tell ya, if I had caught up with that IDIOT somewhere down the road, he would be wishing he never got on a motorcycle that day!

Then, later on, in a small community, approaching an intersection where we had to turn right, a woman cuts across in front of us from a parking lot on the opposite side of the street ... never even saw us ... it was obvious her sole intent was to get across the street before the big truck coming towards us. Nope, she couldn't wait for that truck to pass .... just had to hit the gas and go .... didn't even look to the right.

FRIKKEN A-HOLES !!

Anyhoo ... feel free to post your experiences and offer any suggestions.

4 comments:

  1. I was taking my wife into town to do some shopping and as we approached a side road a motorcyclist that was coming towards us on the highway turned right in front of me across my lane !! I don't know how I missed hitting him broadside. The bike that was behind him just sat there shaking his head. The guy who cut in front of me kept going.
    Oh yes did I mention it was a damn crotch rocket. I hate those things! 99.9% of all the bike accident's I have seen over the last five years have been with those damn things. People who ride them must take off there heads and put on an empty helmet. Because they operate those bike like they have no brains! We had one go flying past our house last summer and we knew that b the way the girl was flying down the road there was going to be an accident. I no sooner said so to my wife when we heard the crash. There's a very slight curve in the road past our house and she didn't quite make it. She hit the side of a parked car lost control of the bike and hit the ditch and culvert at the end of a driveway and went flying. The bike and her tore a huge strip out of the neighbors law. The bike disinigrated, parts flew every where. The girl operating the was unconscious and in very serious condition. The paramedics said she was in a real bad way. We never heard if she made it or not but it didn't look good for her.
    My son wanted to get one when he was first sent to CFB Petawawa when he first joined the Canadian army. I told him bought one I'd kick his AS* and then kill him my self before I'd let him buy one of them pieces of junk!!
    It seems like everyone who buys one things they are motorcycle racers and every paved road is a race track.
    Ok That's My Rant! I'll go back to my corner now and be quiet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be quiet ... this is what we want and if you have any thoughts on what can be done to make our riding days safer insofar as how to get these crazies to change their ways.

      Delete
  2. I know a guy who is a 17 year member of a certain police force up here in Canuck land and he rides one of those "crotch rockets" and what blows my mind is how he rides it .... there are three times when you see him... when we're stopped, when he's a glimpse in your rear view mirror, or when he's a blur going past you. That guy is everything on a motorcycle, on the street, that he should not be, especially as a police force member who should be setting the example. He's a real nice guy but obviously has his brains a bit scrambled when it comes to riding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puttin along, enjoying the day...just pulled thru a "T" intersection and was still in 1st gear....probably only doing about 20-25 mph.

    There was another road joining from the right within a hundred feet of the intersection. A woman was stopped at the stopsign .... looked right at me and pulled out in front of me. I had lots of time to swerve...first I was going behind her but she stopped right in the middle of the road and I had enough time to correct and go in front of her. I GLARED at her as I putted on by and she just sat there int the middle of the road smiling at me.

    ReplyDelete